Component Assembly & Finishing
At OGM, we offer bespoke component assembly and finishing services. These help customers simplify their supply chain and business complexity, reduce unit cost, compress lead-times, bring products to market faster and meet fluctuating market demand.
Our purpose-built injection moulding assembly areas are configured to optimise the assembly, testing and finishing processes. We use MOST (Maynards Operation Sequence Technique) to set standard times and monitor output, enabling us to deliver consistently high-quality plastic injection moulded assemblies for all applications, from medical mouldings to industrial components, at competitive rates.
Our assembly operation utilises a variety of production processes and systems, including:
- Manual assembly of components to build sub-assemblies or finished assemblies
- Hotplate welding, hot stake welding, hot air cold staking, screw-sert and heat-sert
- Ultrasonic welding, for assembly of both plastic components and filter materials to plastic components
- Inserting: tri-serts and heat staking
- Pressure and vacuum leak testing
- Four-colour tampo printing, label printing and application
Our Class 7/10,000 cleanroom assembly area provides the ideal environment for production of highly sensitive mouldings and components and includes:
- Sonic welding
- Bonding with adhesives
- Manual assembly