Would you like to join our friendly & successful team?
We are currently seeking the right individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Reporting To: Tooling and Design Manager/Toolroom Supervisor
To carry out any work or duties delegated by the Tooling and Design Manager or Supervisor, safely, in the correct way, to the high standard required of OGM and on time.
- Manufacture new injection mould tools from technical drawings to a high level of workmanship in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Repair, modify and maintain existing production tooling.
- Operate all toolroom plant and machinery safely ensuring necessary protective clothing and equipment is used at all times, if in doubt request assistance from Tooling and Design Manager.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the toolroom.
- Suggest any possible improvements to tooling or processes, for assessment by Tooling and Design Manager.
- Operate tool maintenance programs referring to the production plan to ensure tools are prepared and cleaned ready for production and maintained to a high standard.
- Log completed tool maintenance and repair work using the systems and databases provided.
- Ensure correct marking and labelling of tools.
- Ensure all stock items, tool inserts and spare parts are returned to the correct location and stored safely.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements in productivity and efficiency, part of OGM’s continual improvement program (CIP).
- Good housekeeping (5S) – ensure that the factory and surrounding areas are kept tidy and within health and safety guidelines.
Email the applications to Tracey.williams@OGM.uk.com