OUR DEDICATED INJECTION MOULDING FACILITIES IN WALES
THE LEADING PLASTIC INJECTION MOULDERS IN SOUTH WALES, UK
In addition to our extensive injection moulding capabilities at our headquarters in Oxford, our Hengoed, South Wales, facility is a 40,000 square foot manufacturing site with:
- 16 machines ranging from 80 to 1100 tonnes
- cartesian robots fitted to all 15 machines offering a high level of automation
- a dedicated materials preparation area
- a Koch material handling system for automated material feed to every machine
- our highly experienced team of 45 employees
- a tool room for maintenance, servicing and repair of mould tools
- a metrology room with CMM contact and non-contact measuring and full CNC capability
- adhesive assembly
60 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN PLASTIC INJECTION MOULDING
We help you to manage your plastic injection moulding project from start to finish. We have handled multi-million pound new product introduction and tooling projects for our customers. We operate a Kanban system delivering highly efficient production and supply to our customers.
Recent projects we have helped customers with include housings for innovative new turbines for the renewable energy sector, housings for blood diagnostics equipment in the medical sector and complete interior cab mouldings for a leading earth moving equipment manufacturer.
- Complex injection moulded parts and assemblies – excellent standards of quality and exceptional service levels
- Large part production – the OGM Wales plant and facility has the capacity to manage and supply large parts up to a shot weight of approx. 4kgs
- Specialist handling, storage and logistics solutions – for managing the challenges associated with large part supply
- Small to Large Volume Production – Our MRP system, staff shift patterns and advanced set up means we have the capacity to handle your injection moulding requirements whatever their volume from batches of 500 parts to 500,000
- Industry Experts – A strong heritage in off-road, agricultural and other specialist vehicles and electronics
- Quality – We are accredited to ISO 9001:2015 (manufacturing)
- Added value – Assembly to customer specifications
All material preparation for the shopfloor is completed offline. Materials are transported to the moulding machines using a central conveying system ensuring the shopfloor remains clean and material free and providing great efficiency in the movement of materials.
OUR COMMITMENT TO WALES
We recently secured Welsh Government funding to purchase additional injection moulding machines and robot handling equipment. We are committed to supporting the prosperity of South Wales and each year we look to expand our team and take on new engineering apprentices.