Precision Injection Moulding For Medical Devices
MEDICAL INJECTION MOULDING SERVICES
Medical injection moulding and component assembly forms a key part of our business. We work with a large number of customers in the medical, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors, from major brands to small start-ups, providing a comprehensive range of injection moulding services.
Our experience spans the injection moulding of parts, components and assemblies for single use medical devices, biodegradable medical devices, implants, procedure testing kits, dental instruments and medical specification face masks and PPE.
In each case, our goal is to help customers design and develop medical devices and products that can be injection moulded as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible, while offering the required characteristics of performance, strength, reliability and biocompatibility.
We work with leading suppliers of medical grade polymers and elastomers that meet ISO10993.
Our injection moulding services for medical devices include:
- Dedicated Project Manager from start to finish
- Design For Manufacture: including full 3D CAD modelling and simulation (Mouldflow®)
- Medical Grade Tooling: including rapid 3D additive manufacturing of tool inserts
- ISO Class 7 (Class 10,000) Cleanroom for moulding and additional assembly operations, including packaging
- Injection moulding: including insert moulding (e.g. needles) and over-moulding
- Assembly and testing: full cleanroom assembly areas
- Complete quality control throughout: working to ISO9001 and ISO13485
- Validation of part and mould process using Full PPAP
- A range of post moulding services including ultrasonic cleaning, ultrasonic welding, EMC/RFI coating and Hot Foil printing
MEDICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
We help you successfully bring new products to market, or upgrade and modify existing products, as quickly and safely as possible, with a full design for manufacturing service.
We’ll work with you to review your product or part designs, test their suitability for injection moulding and, if required, recommend modifications to optimise the production process.
A key aspect of our injection moulding services for medical devices is choosing the best materials for each part or application. We regularly work with a wide range of advanced plastics and can provide advice on the materials that will meet your product specification, in terms of, for example, biocompatibility, strength, flexibility, chemical resistance, colour and, of course, cost.
We have experience of injection moulding a wide range of medical materials such as TPE’s, polycarbonate, ABS, Eastman Tritan Copolyesters, Dupont™ Crastin® PBT-SAN, to polystyrene, polypropylene, polyethylene COC, Polysulphone, PEEK, and bioplastics. We also have access to a wide range of bespoke additives including anti-microbial through to biodegradable, if required.
We also have experience in packaging, sterilisation and automated high-volume component washing, using the latest spray/flood cleaning technology.
CLEANROOM INJECTION MOULDING FOR MEDICAL DEVICES
We have a long-term investment programme, with multi-million pound investments in the latest and most advanced injection moulding and support systems.
In particular, we specialise in the high-volume production of plastic parts using precision controlled robotics and automation technologies in industry-leading Class 7 cleanroom. We have high-definition vision systems for inspection and quality control.
RAPID INJECTION MOULD TOOLING FOR MEDICAL DEVICES
Our investment in cutting-edge 3D hybrid metal additive manufacturing technology enables us to reduce the production time for complete injection mould tools and more importantly the time required for modifications or repair to days rather than weeks, as has traditionally been the case.
We use a combination of standard bolsters, with custom designed mould tool inserts, produced using our advanced hybrid additive manufacturing system. All design and engineering work is carried out in-house by our skilled and experienced engineering team, to ensure a prompt and efficient service at competitive cost.
- For new mould tools, insert repair or modification
- Reduced tool lead times
- High quality, custom designed inserts in either tool steel or stainless steel
- Built in features for gas venting or 3D conformal cooling as required